Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Vintage finds from San Diego

Well i am back home and missing the cool ocean breezes of San Diego. At least we got some rain today so i could kind of feel cozy. I have to say thank you to my dear sweet little brother and sister in law. They took us all over San Diego and my little brother even went antique shopping all day with me on friday. I found a huge vintage dictionary that i think is just beautiful. Of course my husband was not impressed,especially when he had to carry it on the plane! I am think it is from 1957. Here it is,






I already cut a little piece out of it although i felt kind of bad at first but after seeing what you can create from all those pieces i changed my mind! Here is a pair of earrings i made out of the vintage chandlier crystals that i found this weekend as well. You cant see too well in the picture but they say Art on them,


I also found a huge selection of old postcards, i got about 20 of them but i was standing there for a long time trying to just pick a few. I bought clear chandlier crystals like the ones above too,
We also went to old town San Diego, if you havent been there and get a chance i highly recommend it....it was so quaint and you can take an hour long history walking tour for free. I just love that type of thing. Did i mention the food down there is delicious?! I also bought a beautiful sterling silver and amber ring from a shop in old town no bigger than a small bedroom from the jeweler who personally made it. I also got a few odds and ends from garage sale shopping but nothing too big. So now it is time to start creating, no more excuses! I will post new art soon :)

6 comments:

Cindy Dean said...

And of course I am the lucky recipient of those lovely earrings! Thank you so much miss Jen!!!

Beehive Art Salon said...

love the earrings! Can't wait to see more are!
amanda

Diana said...

Hi, Jen... Looks like you found some very special treasures in San Diego. Have fun creating with them!

lklight said...

Wow, you scored! And the earrings are just lovely.
Hope you have a better day today, I'm planning on it!

Sweet Petunia said...

Lovely earrings! Looks like you found a ton of good stuff. Happy creating.

Cindy Dean said...

Ok...I am tired of the same old pictures.....Next....where is the next entry?????