Tuesday, July 10, 2007

FAVORITE THINGS CHALLENGE

When you really stop and take a look around your home it is a little hard to pick just a few of your favorite things. So many of us have so many forgotten hidden treasures in the most creative hiding places that anyone has ever thought of that it is so easy to miss a few that might be higher up on the list than others. I have to try to not hide away my treasures but to keep them out and enjoy them. I always want to hide them thinking that somehow they are protected but really it is just myself that is missing out. So now my dear Cindy, I answer your challenge, here are some of my very favorite things:
I didnt take a picture of the cases but most of you know what movies these are anyway,
You've got mail- I know it is sappy, which I definitley am not but for some reason i just love this movie and can watch it over and over. I just love her home in this movie!
Office Space- Now this is just a classic, how can you not love it?

This painting was done by my grandmother Dorothy who was an amazing woman. She just recently passed away at the young age of 103
There is so much so was a part of socially and politically that i am very honored to have had her as my G-ma as she came to be called at times due to an episode of Wheel of Fortune when i was little. She left me so many treasures that it is hard to pick but this is of Jenny Lake that she did just for me. She didn't finish painting the flowers in front because i was so impatient when i was little i didnt want to wait and took it home right away. Hmmm....i think that impatience is still in full swing today!!
This is a little shelf that holds some very sweet things, My very first ATC card, a picture of my sweet babies, a little chair with little cats resembling my sweet babies and a little golfer for my husband. And of course my favorite turqouise color. By the way my headboard that i built is all that color, it is fabulous!
This is my Archeological bible that i just love so much, it is on an eched glass piece that was my grandmother's. ( this is a real bible with all kinds of archeological facts about places and events in the bible)

This is a table i built for my little cats, they were always dropping food all over so the sides and back really cut down on wasted food. They just seem to eat a little neater with this table. It is wood painted black and topped with granite tiles. I loved the picture because my husband's name is Mike and it was fitting.




This is just one of my Nigella Lawson cookbooks. I love to cook and i love Nigellas books. I dont make too many of her reciepes but for some reason i can curl up in a chair and read this like a novel. It seems to take me away to another culinary place were everything is beautiful and the kitchens are all clean.




This is a wall of stuff that has slowly collected on a wall in my kitchen. I love all of these things for one reason or another, each thing has a meaning. Just a few are the chili apron belonged to my husband's grandfather, there are a couple ATC cards made for me by Cindy Dean, a couple souveniers from my trip to Honduras to see family, and a card from my mom.



These are a couple of my favorite current jewelry pieces. The necklace is my diamond necklace from Tiffany's that my husband bought for a birthday long ago and the other is a bracelet and earring set that i made in some of my favorite colors with swarovski crystals and sterling silver.
Well there is a few of my favorite things i hope you enjoyed reading them as much as i enjoyed writing about them and thinking of all the special memories that attached to them :)
I am already thinking of a few things that i missed that you guessed it, i have to go and dig out!

2 comments:

Cindy Dean said...

I love that you took the challenge!

angel said...

Jen,
I enjoyed this! It was actually very telling about you.
Take care!