Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I cant believe i am actually blogging

Hello everyone:) Well here it is my very first blog. It is exciting and scary all at the same time! My wonderful friend Cindy Dean http://cindydean.blogspot.com has pushed and pulled me to this point (literally at some points!!), and I cant even begin to repay her for introducing me to this wonderful world of mixed media art and her continued support and teaching. We just came back from Art Nest in Utah where we met the most amazing women (as soon as i figure out how, i will be adding all of you to my favorite places to visit, so stay tuned!). I want to say thank you to all of you too for encouraging me to do this and letting me know I don't have to have all the answers right now. You all have opened my eyes to an amazing world and I look forward to many years of friendship with all of you. Believe or not i am still not crying, however if i continue it just might make me! Yes Cindy, I can cry!!
Now that it is time to actually write a post, i am sitting here thinking what can I possibly say that will be thought provoking and poetic at the same time. Well I suppose that will have to come with time, all I have got right now is I have to go do laundry and fill out a business license application to start this new and exciting journey. Sometimes I wonder if I will have enough ideas to keep creating new and beautiful jewelry, something that will stand out from the crowd. I guess we will all see together :) I have even wanted to just sit down and paint all day for the last couple days, I haven't painted or drawn since kindergarten when I got in trouble for my stick people not having any clothes on. I just shut down all art after that, so after my class with Misty Mawn http://www.mistymawn.typepad.com/ all I want to do is paint something, anything! Thanks Misty for you friendship and for bringing me out of my painting shell. I hope you move goes smoothly, I know how fun that can be! I even learned that fabric can be cool, thanks Kristen :) So i will be trying to carve out a studio in my home this weekend, and then figuring out how to post pictures to this thing, For the millionth time, Help Cindy!!!! Lisa, http://mysweetpetunia.blogspot.com if you have any pointers that would be great, your studio is amazing!! Maybe I will just close my eyes and dream of yours......................

8 comments:

Kate Robertson said...

Jen,

Welcome to blogging. I am glad to see your first post and get to comment right away.

You are so talented you will find your place and no I don't think you will run out of ideas.

It was great meeting you and spending time at such a great retreat together. I look forward to future posts and pictures of your work.

Kate

Cindy Dean said...

I am so proud of you! That was a wonderful post. Pretty soon you will be a blogging expert! I have great faith that you will not run out of ideas and you will flourish in whatever you do! I am proud to be your friend and we will have many adventures together!

lklight said...

Congrats on your new blog, it's a whole new world!
NOW STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING & GO PAINT!
Leighanna

Laurie G. said...

Hi Jen. It was great meeting you at ArtNest. I'm so happy you've decided to dive into the blog and an artful business venture. Way to go. Wooo hooo!

Sweet Petunia said...

All it takes is a step in the direction you want to go. Don't worry about writing what is poetic...just write from your heart. Can't wait to see your jewelry designs online! You don't need a fancy studio to create. I used to have a small little wooden table in my bedroom until my husband got tired of stepping on beads as he got out of bed.

Lynn said...

Jen,
I think it so so cool that you are blogging like my sister. And I am so glad that my sister has such a great friend. And someone to create with! Hope we meet some day soon.
Cindy's sister,
Lynn

candice Elton said...

Way to go know I must start my blog...miss you
Candice

Julie Collings said...

dear jen,
this is incredible! you go for it. i can't wait to see your gorgeous jewelry up on etsy. the earings you made for me are so lovely, thank you.
xo julie