Friday, June 29, 2007

Friends

The word Friend is such a beautiful word, just saying it instantly brings thoughts to your mind of all those people you are lucky to call that. My husband's running joke is that i was too mean to have many friends and for a long time it was kind of true i really only had one best friend, Shiloh who has been with me through it all. But lately I made so many new women that i am honored to call "friend", all of my "Art Nest sisters". Whenever I think of our trip and see the posting on my blog it just makes me smile....You guys are great!!
Now anyone who knows me is probably wondering what in the world is going on with me, why am i being so sappy (trust me, i am the anti crier)?! Well, my father is very ill and not doing well and it is at these times that you really stop and think of those around you. Even though i am sad, i look at my blog and the comments and it just fills me with happiness with the thoughts and memories of my friends and the dream of what is to come. Thank you all for your wonderful comments, I miss you all!! And of course Cindy, thank you for always being there just when i need you most :)
I will be going to see my father in the morning as things are not going well, but i have the thoughts of my friends to bring a smile just when i need it most :) And yes, this time i am crying.

3 comments:

Cindy Dean said...

Hell you made me cry again! LOL I love ya Jen. I will take good care of the kitties while you are gone. I will miss you, and I am saying a prayer for your father.

Kate Robertson said...

Jen,

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I'll keep the both of you in my prayers. I love that you got some paints already. Try adding azurite to your color list, its a wonderful blue.

Kate

angel said...

I had no idea that you would be blogging so eloquently...but then again we were always talking at the sleepy end of the day, or the uhh..., sleepy beginning of the day. Friendships do grow out of the funniest ways.
I'm sad to hear about your dad's turn, I pray your time with him is precious.