Saturday, June 7, 2008

Finally Finished!

It is finally done! I know I haven't actually made any jewelry in a while but this necklace seemed to take forever! I did learn a few things while doing it though so it was good to take my time. I made my very first clasp with annealed steal and figured out how to do my ribbon links too. When I showed my husband the finished product, he asked, "Is it supposed to look like that?". I really have been struggling to be unique. I used to make jewelry non-stop but then one day I just stopped because I felt that everything I was doing was so plain and predictable. Then Cindy Dean introduced my to Mixed-Media art and jewelry and the transition in my style started. So I guess I am actually happy to get that response from him, that means I must be doing something right! Anyway, here is the necklace and I made some simple earrings to match.

I hope you all have a great weekend :)

2 comments:

Cindy Dean said...

It looks Great! You did good! I am just proud you finished it! LOL

Shelly said...

It looks beautiful Jen. Great job!